The WorldCat® Digital Collection Gateway is a self-service tool that helps libraries, archives, museums and other cultural heritage institutions maximise the visibility of their unique primary source materials through WorldCat on the Web.
The WorldCat Digital Collection Gateway provides you with a free, self-service tool for harvesting the metadata of your unique digital content to WorldCat. The Gateway is compatible with all OAI-compliant repositories, including CONTENTdm®. Once your metadata is in WorldCat, your collections are more visible and discoverable by end users who search WorldCat, as well as Google, Yahoo! and other search engines.
The benefits of the WorldCat® Digital Collection Gateway
- Through the Digital Collection Gateway’s Web-based interface, you can preview your metadata in a WorldCat.org™ display, and then select the right content and appearance for your digital collections
- You also can select from a number of options to create a profile for each of your digital collections using its three main components: WorldCat record processing, the metadata map and the sync scheduler
- With WorldCat record processing, you choose whether to replace all your metadata or to add only new metadata. These options give you the control to fit the Digital Collection Gateway into a variety of metadata workflows
- Through the metadata map, you are given the control to configure your collection metadata for display in WorldCat for better visibility and discovery
- With the sync scheduler, you can choose how often you want to synchronise your metadata—monthly, quarterly, semi-annually or annually