WorldCat® knowledge base
The WorldCat knowledge base combines data about your library's electronic resources with linking features to make your collections easier to find, share, manage and use. The WorldCat knowledge base also helps you streamline electronic resource workflows.
Unlike data in a traditional knowledge base, WorldCat knowledge base data is not tied to a particular application. When you register your collections in the WorldCat knowledge base, you enable key functionality, including automatic management of electronic resources and easy linking to e-resources from search results.
The benefits of WorldCat® knowledge base
- The service is included at no extra charge with your SabiCat subscription
- Users can link directly to the full text of electronic resources through the link resolution software and A – Z searching and browsing of databases and journal titles
- The knowledge base facilitates the automatic management of WorldCat holdings and delivery of MARC records for electronic materials, together with WorldCat Collection Manager
- Your electronic content can be shared quickly and easily
- The service helps with the management of budgeting, ordering and acquisition of electronic resources
For more information on WorldShare® knowledge base, visit the OCLC website.