QuestionPoint is a virtual reference management service that enables academic libraries to respond to enquiries in real-time using online chat and co-browsing.
The flexible nature of the solution means that it can be used to provide an around-the-clock, 24/7 reference service. In an effort to reach users accessing the library via their computers, many libraries are extending their reference service to include virtual reference.
The benefits of QuestionPoint
- Allows for real-time interaction with your library users
- Provides a remote reference service to part-time and distance learners
- Provides guidance to students on appropriate resources at their point-of-need
- Offers quick turnaround to simple enquiries
- Enables statistical reporting on the usage, quality and impact of your reference service