The Sabinet Chairperson’s Fund supports several projects in Tshwane such as ABET classes, maths tuition, school funding and Enterprise Development. Over the past few years we have also sponsored a number of regional projects. This year we have decided to increase the funding amount to R30 000 for each regional project awarded. We encourage all libraries country-wide to submit their proposal for consideration. The Sabinet Chairperson Fund committee members will, at their discretion, decide on the amount of projects that will receive funding for the 2014/2015 period.The basic guidelines of this funding are:
- A single project should not exceed R30 000;
- The project must be community based;
- The project should make a measurable difference to the community;
- The project must be able to stand alone (i.e. the funding cannot be used for an existing or larger project);
- The project may also be one that endeavors to improve library infrastructure through the supply of ICT equipment or services to community libraries in South Africa;
- The closing date for project proposals is 9 January 2015.
The following information should be provided in the project proposal and should not exceed 10 pages:
- Name of the Project Coordinator;
- A brief description of the library;
- Information on existing outreach projects initiated by the library including outcomes of projects (statistics, news clips, pamphlets, photos, etc. can be used);
- A description of the involvement of the friends of the library or user-committee in the library;
- Information on the marketing strategies for the library;
- A detailed motivation for funding of the proposed project including;
- a project overview;
- a budget of how the funding will be spent and
- benefits of the project to the community
- Project proposals should be clearly marked as follows; Sabinet Chairperson’s Fund Regional Project 2015 and be sent to email@example.com;
- The closing date for project proposals is 09 January 2015. Project coordinators will be notified no later than 16 February 2015 if their project proposal was selected for funding.
Once the sponsorship has been awarded, the project coordinator will be responsible to provide a full report, news clips, photos etc. in order for the Chairpersons Fund Committee to report back to the Sabinet shareholders.